Sync Nutshell to your Google Calendar to keep your schedule aligned.
Google Calendar 2-way Sync is available for all Google users!
Activities you create in Nutshell can be automatically synchronized to your Google Calendar, and events that you create in your Google Calendar will be automatically synchronized to Nutshell.
Make logging activities even easier! With one click, you can start tracking the activities you've set up in your Google Calendar inside of Nutshell. As they change, Nutshell will change with them!
To connect your Google Calendar and Nutshell:
- Click your user icon on the top right of your screen in Nutshell
- Click Integrations
- In the Google Apps section, click Enable
You will be redirected to a Google authentication page where you can allow Nutshell to access your Google account.
This will give Nutshell permission to communicate with your Google account. This step must be completed to allow Nutshell to integrate with your email and calendar.
Once connected, you can select whether you want to sync all activities or just the activities marked "Important".
2-way Calendar Sync Features
Fields that sync two ways:
- All day flag
- Day and time
- Important! flag
Google Calendar → Nutshell
- Create events in Google Calendar, it will create activities in Nutshell
- Edit events in Google Calendar, it will edit those activities in Nutshell
- Add participants to your events in Google Calendar, it will add them to the activities in Nutshell
- Remove participants from your events in Google Calendar, it will remove them from the activities in Nutshell
- Delete events in Google Calendar, it will delete those activities from Nutshell
Nutshell → Google Calendar
- Create activities in Nutshell, it will create events in Google Calendar
- Edit activities in Nutshell, it will edit those events in Google Calendar
- Add participants to your activities in Nutshell, it will add them to the events in your Google Calendar
- Remove participants from your activities in Nutshell, it will remove them from the events in your Google Calendar
- Delete activities in Nutshell, it will delete those events in your Google Calendar
Things worth mentioning...
- People will be created for any participants added to Google Calendar events who do not exist in Nutshell.
- Activities will only be synced going forward.
- If your teammates (Nutshell users) set up the calendar and task sync, and you add them as participants in an activity or assign a task to them, then those activities and tasks will sync to their calendars.
- If there are ever any issues synchronizing activities with Google, Nutshell will alert you.
- If you enable "All activities," both logged and scheduled activities will sync to your calendar.
Options to limit the Google Calendar sync
By limiting the calendar sync to one-way, only activities scheduled in Nutshell will send to your Google Calendar. With this setup, events created on your Google Calendar will not send to Nutshell. This means that if a customer sends you a calendar invitation, it will not show up as a scheduled activity in Nutshell. If you want to ensure that no new contact people are added to Nutshell from Google Calendar, this is a good option.
Choose a one-way sync using these steps:
- Check Sync activities with Google Calendar
- Uncheck your calendar listed under Sync activities from these Google calendars
What is the difference between a Task and an Activity?
Tasks are lightweight reminders. By default, a task is due at the end of the next business day, based on your business hours in your General Settings. They will appear on your Dashboard in the "To Do" tab. Tasks will not be logged or count towards activity quotas.
Activities represent actual interactions with a customer: phone calls, meetings, presentations, etc.
If you add an event on Google Calendar, it will show up in Nutshell. If you schedule an activity in Nutshell, it will show up as an event in Google Calendar. Only activities that include current Nutshell contacts will sync with Nutshell.
Sync Nutshell Tasks to Google Calendar
After you sync Nutshell with Google, your Nutshell tasks will appear in the Google Tasks section, in a task list called "Nutshell".
Google Tasks are scheduled by day rather than specific times, so times entered in Nutshell will not be seen when viewing the task in Google.
If you don't see the tasks, make sure you've selected to view "Tasks" rather than "Reminders" on the left side of your calendar:
And be sure to select the "Nutshell" task list in the Google Task sidebar:
When you complete a task in Nutshell, it is also marked as completed in Google Tasks.
Note: Task updates are pushed from Nutshell to Google. Any changes you make to a task in Google will not reflect in Nutshell.
Why isn't my calendar showing on my Integrations page?
- Try revoking access from Google from the Integrations page
- Uncheck the Sync activities in Google Calendar box
- Ensure Only activities marked "Important" is unchecked
Why didn't Nutshell pull in my old Google Calendar events?
Nutshell won't create activities for old events. It will only create activities for things that are scheduled for the future.
I created an activity with me and other users in Nutshell, but it didn't create an event in my Google Calendar. What gives?
Nutshell won't create activities or events that only have Nutshell users on them (i.e. there must be at least one non-Nutsheller added as a participant on the event/activity).
What if I add someone to the Google event who isn't a Person in Nutshell?
Nutshell will automatically create that Person for you if they don't exist!
Can I integrate with Apple Calendar?
Although we don't have a built-in integration with iCal, it is possible to connect Nutshell with iCal indirectly. In order to sync your activities to Apple Calendar, you'll need to access your Subscribable calendar feed from Nutshell.
What if someone sends me an event invitation on Google?
If someone sends you an event invitation on Google, that activity will sync to your Nutshell calendar. You will be able to edit the activity in Nutshell.
Is there a way to just sync Nutshell activities with Google Calendar, and not sync from Google to Nutshell?
Yes. If you click the user icon on the top right, then click Integrations, you can change your settings. Within the "Sync Nutshell with Google" section, you'll see Sync activities from these Google calendars. Uncheck the calendar(s).